pleased to promote the ATAA
The ATAA is Australia's pre-eminent not-for-profit organisation
(charting). It is run by members, for members, with monthly meetings in
each location, guest speakers, and networking for like-minded investors
and traders. Key member benefits include:
The ATAA has more than 800 members nationally in 9 locations
Australia (Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Brisbane, Sunshine
Coast, Toowoomba, Adelaide and Perth).
- Networking with like-minded people.
- DVD library.
- Monthly meetings in nine locations around Australia
(with guest speakers and networking).
- Access to resources on the ATAA web site (member
- Access to discounted education on Technical Analysis.
- Information about charting software, TA tools, and
Robert does endorse the ATAA as a worthy not-for-profit organisation
for people looking for help and networking opportunities in the field
of technical analysis.
does hereby disclose a possible bias and conflict of interest as he is
currently the Vice-President of the Melbourne ATAA Chapter, and a
director on the ATAA national board.
for use by ATAA Chapters and others
The ATAA official web site: www.ataa.asn.au
Join the ATAA LinkedIn Group here:
- As an ATAA national director (and with responsibility for ATAA
marketing in the past), Robert
has had some marketing materials for use by ATAA Chapters, and
individuals. The latest information includes the set of new A5-size
See information about
the marketing materials here.
Since October 2009, some of the Melbourne ATAA
members have been
contributing to regular articles in the (Melbourne) The Age newspaper.
These articles were appearing in the business pages of the Tuesday
editions of the newspapers, but as from May 2013 are now published in
the Money supplement of the newspapers on a Wednesday, and posted
online in the Money section under the heading
These articles are reproduced on
several Fairfax web sites including: theage.com.au,
details, web links and
copies* of these articles
available here for perusal.
Current ATAA Contributors:
Past ATAA Contributors:
Working with journalist Rod Myer.
Topics covered in the articles:
- Currencies - US Dollar, Aust Dollar,
- Commodities and metals - gold, oil, platinum,
- bonds, interest rates
- many specific Aussie stocks including:- WRT,
BEN, WHC, NWS, JBH,
RFG, SXY, ARP, NAB, DUE, QAN, WDC, SYR, NCM, TTS, FMG, RIO,
LEI, RRL, MND, HSN, AMP, ASL, TRY, WPL, AGO, MQG, STB, CRZ,
RFG, BDM, SDL, NVT, AMM, SUL, TGA, TLS, FWD, ANZ,
ORL, TGA, AVO, BHP, LLC, ORG, SEA
- All Ordinaries
200 index (XJO)
- S&P/ASX 200 A-REIT sector index (XPJ)
- Materials index (XMJ)
- Bank index
- S&P500 index
- the pros of a semi-log
- the notion of trends
Loss (eg. Wilson ATR Trailing Stop -
- Support and Resistance
- chart patterns - megaphone
- candlesticks and patterns
- Charts "Bear Market Twins"
* - The articles are available as PDF files, or as Jpeg files, with a
filename of the
summary list here...