BullCharts - What's new?
What's new in the latest BullCharts versions?
The BullCharts software is upgraded with new features and/or
enhancements about every year or two. A summary of the recent ones is
included below. Also see the official online BullCharts KnowledgeBase.
- Version 4.4 - March 2017. (more details available shortly)
- F5 key — Manually refresh all open charts after a data download.
- Identify charts that are using Metastock data (an asterisk with the security code in the price chart pane header).
- Time period is abbreviated in price chart pane header.
- Improve clarity in price chart header by displaying only share price and movement for stocks.
- Colour of the plot line is now a bar under the security code in chart header.
- Added a tooltip to the price chart header (hover mouse over).
- Right hand click on a stock symbol in the header provides action options.
- Click on symbol in chart header to “select” a price plot.
- Add watchlist stocks as a “chart overlay”.
- Drag and drop symbols from your watchlist to overlay on the chart.
- <Control> + <Delete> to delete all “over-layed” securities.
- Multiple “select” available in the Layer Manager.
- New section for Chart Overlays (in Layer Manager).
- Toggle to hide or display Chart Overlays (in Layer Manager).
- “What’s New” is now part of the BullCharts Knowledge Base, with a Help menu option to select it.
- “Add symbol” shortcut added to chart header (the plus sign at left).
- Version 4.3 - September 2016. See the following quick list of features, or see more details here.
- Improvements and tweaks to the new database system
- Enhanced BullCharts Data Downloader (more features).
- MetaStock related features
- Sync and Unsync chart windows (when displaying multiple price charts)
- Updates to BullCharts Help and the online KnowledgeBase.
- Many other updates:
- Scheduled time to get data
- Alert Manager auto triggered
- Symbol box - size increased
- Better video support for 4K monitors
- Detailed WatchList - new data items
- Ribbon Pane height
- View Chart Memo (Ctrol+M)
- BullCharts Quick Search
- Search in Comments
- Icon - setting default colour
- Sort Watchlist entries by Comment field
- Version 4.2 - May 2016. See the following quick list of features, or see more details here.
- New database system (now includes commodities, overseas stocks and indexes)
- Additional data exchanges available (eg. US stocks, global indices, commodities, and other country exchanges).
- Upgraded and enhanced BullCharts Data Downloader.
- Version 4.1 - September 2015. See the following quick list of features, or the What's New document,
or see more details here.
- Comparative Percent Performance chart (new)
- Watchlist Report window panel (new)
- Workspace Manager Toolbar (new)
- Display Sector and Industry Group (new) in Detailed Watchlist
- Training Mode (enhancement)
- Selecting row colour in Watchlist (enhancement)
- Add in ETFs under Security Type in Security Manager
- New RSC indicators: Outperforming Sector/Market
- RSCAS - RSC against Sector
- RSCOSI - RSC of Sector Index
- RSCWMA - RSC with Moving Average
- New RSC Scans: Outperforming Sector/Market
- RSC Outperforming for a Symbol
- RSC Outperforming the Market and its Sector
- RSC Sectors Outperforming the Market
- Version 4.0 - July 2014. See the following quick list of features, or see the What's New in 4.0 document.
- Arrow heads on Line Interval tool
- Price movement values in tooltip box
- Edit Undo function
- Cross-hair cursor - improvements to colours
- Clear data cache
- Weekly bar is now always on Monday
- Price Info window has customisable properties
- Quarterly chart tooltip revision
- Watchlist enhancements
- Dynamic Market Depth, with bar charts
- Alerts on both price and volume
- BullScan enhancements
- Chart indicators (new and updated):
- Ex-div date marker
- Ribbon height adjustable
- Fundamental Data report on screen
- Auto-insert date using cursor date
- Heikin-Ashi candles
- Double Top and Bottom chart patterns
- Ichimoku indicator shows correct cloud
- BullScript enhancements
- Several minor fixes.
- Versions 3.8.7 to 3.9. See the What's New in 3.9 document.
- Comment fields in watch lists.
- Alert Trend Line.
- Copy and Paste for line studies
- New Easy Elliott Wave tool (updated swing trendline)
- Check for BullCharts Update.
- Trade Planner (to assist with position sizing).
- How to get started
with BullCharts - Some tips, information sheets, and short tutorial
videos, in the free section of my Share Market
- General features list
Watchlists, lists of stocks in
each index, easy price charts, customisable chart templates, many
indicators to choose from, easily-customisable scans and Author
Strategies already implemented. Developed using start-of-the-art
software tools and systems, but simple to use. See more
- You still have some questions?
- Visit the User Group, or give Robert
a call to discuss.
The information presented herein
opinions of the web page content owner, and
are not recommendations or
endorsements of any product, method, strategy, etc.
For financial advice, a professional and licensed financial advisor
should be engaged.
- Consulting (ABN: 52 791 744 975).
Last revised: 18 March 2017