BullCharts - What's new?
What's new in the latest BullCharts versions?
The BullCharts software is upgraded with new features and/or
enhancements about every year or two. A summary of the recent
ones is included below. Also see the official online BullCharts KnowledgeBase.
How to download the latest version? Simply go to the official
BullCharts website and click on the link on the home page
for Updates & Downloads (near bottom left corner of web
page). Then enter your BullCharts data username and password.
- Version 5.0 (May 2020)
- Support for Hi-Res 4K monitors.
- New True Strength Index Indicator added.
- Some improvements and minor bug fixes.
- Version 4.6 beta (late 2018)
- Add a column of information being extracted from the Scan
Results Table when saved into a Watchlist to indicate the
sequence of stocks from the Scan Results Table.
- Also some minor bug fixes..
- Version 4.5 - early 2018
- Minor fixes and enhancements, including:
- Improve connectivity between the BullCharts Data
Downloader and the core BullServers.
- Improve the function key F5 for refresh of Metastock data.
- New True Strength Index indicator.
- Version 4.4 - March 2017.
- F5 key — Manually refresh all open charts after a data
- Identify charts that are using Metastock data (an asterisk
with the security code in the price chart pane header).
- Time period is abbreviated in price chart pane header.
- Improve clarity in price chart header by displaying only
share price and movement for stocks.
- Colour of the plot line is now a bar under the security
code in chart header.
- Added a tooltip to the price chart header (hover mouse
- Right hand click on a stock symbol in the header provides
- Click on symbol in chart header to “select” a price plot.
- Add watchlist stocks as a “chart overlay”.
- Drag and drop symbols from your watchlist to overlay on
- <Control> + <Delete> to delete all
- Multiple “select” available in the Layer Manager.
- New section for Chart Overlays (in Layer Manager).
- Toggle to hide or display Chart Overlays (in Layer
- “What’s New” is now part of the BullCharts Knowledge Base,
with a Help menu option to select it.
- “Add symbol” shortcut added to chart header (the plus sign
- Version 4.3 - September
2016. See the following quick list of features, or see
more details here.
- Improvements and tweaks to the new database system
- Enhanced BullCharts Data Downloader (more features).
- MetaStock related features
- Sync and Unsync chart windows (when displaying multiple
- Updates to BullCharts Help and the online KnowledgeBase.
- Many other updates:
- Scheduled time to get data
- Alert Manager auto triggered
- Symbol box - size increased
- Better video support for 4K monitors
- Detailed WatchList - new data items
- Ribbon Pane height
- View Chart Memo (Ctrol+M)
- BullCharts Quick Search
- Search in Comments
- Icon - setting default colour
- Sort Watchlist entries by Comment field
- Version 4.2 - May 2016.
See the following quick list of features, or see more details here.
- New database system (now includes commodities, overseas
stocks and indexes)
- Additional data exchanges available (eg. US stocks, global
indices, commodities, and other country exchanges).
- Upgraded and enhanced BullCharts Data Downloader.
- Version 4.1 - September
2015. See the following quick list of features, or
or see more
- Comparative Percent Performance chart (new)
- Watchlist Report window panel (new)
- Workspace Manager Toolbar (new)
- Display Sector and Industry Group (new) in Detailed
- Training Mode (enhancement)
- Selecting row colour in Watchlist (enhancement)
- Add in ETFs under Security Type in Security Manager
- New RSC indicators: Outperforming Sector/Market
- RSCAS - RSC against Sector
- RSCOSI - RSC of Sector Index
- RSCWMA - RSC with Moving Average
- New RSC Scans: Outperforming Sector/Market
- RSC Outperforming for a Symbol
- RSC Outperforming the Market and its Sector
- RSC Sectors Outperforming the Market
- Version 4.0 - July 2014.
See the following quick list of features, or see the What's New in 4.0 document.
- Arrow heads on Line Interval tool
- Price movement values in tooltip box
- Edit Undo function
- Cross-hair cursor - improvements to colours
- Clear data cache
- Weekly bar is now always on Monday
- Price Info window has customisable properties
- Quarterly chart tooltip revision
- Watchlist enhancements
- Dynamic Market Depth, with bar charts
- Alerts on both price and volume
- BullScan enhancements
- Chart indicators (new and updated):
- Ex-div date marker
- Ribbon height adjustable
- Fundamental Data report on screen
- Auto-insert date using cursor date
- Heikin-Ashi candles
- Double Top and Bottom chart patterns
- Ichimoku indicator shows correct cloud
- BullScript enhancements
- Several minor fixes.
- Versions 3.8.7 to 3.9.
See the What's New in 3.9 document.
- Comment fields in watch lists.
- Alert Trend Line.
- Copy and Paste for line studies
- New Easy Elliott Wave tool (updated swing trendline)
- Check for BullCharts Update.
- Trade Planner (to assist with position sizing).
- How to get started with
BullCharts - Some tips, information sheets, and short tutorial
videos, in the free section of my Share Market Toolbox.
- General features list - Watchlists, lists of
stocks in each index, easy price charts, customisable chart
templates, many indicators to choose from, easily-customisable
scans and Author Strategies already implemented. Developed
using start-of-the-art software tools and systems, but simple
to use. See more
- You still have some questions? -
Visit the User Group, or give Robert a call to discuss.
The information presented herein represents the opinions
of the web page content owner, and
are not recommendations or endorsements of any product, method, strategy,
For financial advice, a professional and licensed financial advisor should
Home | DISCLAIMER | Contact
© Copyright 2015-2020, R.B.Brain -
Consulting (ABN: 52 791 744 975).
Last revised: 9 May 2020